I’ve always been a winter lover. The soft and beautiful colors of a winter landscape are inspiring and there’s nothing cozier than the warm glow of holiday lights and blazing fires in a cabin. As an avid skier and outdoorsy person in general, I want to stay outside and I’ll take any opportunity to get some cold, fresh air in my lungs when I can no matter the temps. It’s fun and exciting! Unless you’re sick.
For years, every winter season I was catapulted into a weeks-long cold or infection (for me personally, a nasty sinus infection) that brought everything to a screeching halt. In addition to being sick physically, I would also find myself with a tinge or maybe more, of seasonal depression. I’m sure many of you can relate.
Years of studying, practicing and teaching yoga has dramatically changed my experience during the winter season and as a result I’ve seen a huge improvement in the health of my body-mind. It made me realize just how important staying connected to your body truly is and the ripple effect it has on every aspect of your life.
The longer I continue on this journey of self-care and wellness the more I see that it is simply a practice of attuning and attending — taking care of what is yours. I believe this encapsulates physical, mental and emotional health because who else in the world has as much knowledge, experience and understanding of your body, heart and mind than you?
I’m excited to share the Yogi’s Guide to Winter Wellness with you all. This is a course that will give you valuable tools to stay in touch with your body-mind from a holistic perspective. Although I am an advanced yoga instructor, I’m not a doctor! Much of this info has been cobbled together with the help of doctors, yoga therapists and other medical professionals that I’m excited to introduce you to. Here’s how it will work:
You will receive…
- A beautifully-designed and inspiring downloadable PDF that you can print out or keep on your computer for whenever you need to access it
- High-resolution photos of curated yoga poses that will help you stay healthy
- Suggested sequences and ways to implement this into your every day
- Science-based information on your physiological processes and the ways in which specific yoga poses can be woven into your self-care routine
How you’ll benefit…
- Develop a keen awareness of what your body-mind needs to be well
- Learn how to nourish and remain connected to your whole self even through stressful times
- You’ll walk away with more context and understanding of how the body works and that is powerful
Unlike A Course in Calm, this isn’t free. I hope you’ll make this $15 investment in yourself to further your journey of wellness and self-care. This guide is the cost of a drop-in yoga class, 5 days worth of morning lattes (or kombuchas!) or even a really delicious brunch. The difference is that only one will give you tools for a lifelong connection to your body-mind.
The beauty of yoga is to establish a deeper connection to yourself, one another and the world around us. I hope you’ll join me this winter season to lean in more and create the foundation for a lifelong practice of wellness, compassion and self-care.
See you on the mat,